September 22-23 (noon to noon)
A women’s restorative overnight retreat featuring a 24-hour immersion in movement, music, and mystery
with Hannah Romanowsky, M.A.
Imagine… You had an evening to live how our ancestors have always lived for thousands of years, sharing songs, stories, and dances around the campfire! No cell phones, no TV. Just the joy of presence in community, engaging in song, dance, and storytelling. Step beyond the veils of time and spend one night of 1001 Nights in the imaginal realm of Scheherazade, honoring and being nourished by women’s traditions from ancient lands.
Join us to partake of this sacred, nourishing evening, drinking deeply from the blessed well of women’s wisdom through sacred stories, songs, music, and dance.
During this 24-hour immersion you will:
- ~ Learn authentic songs, dances, and folktales from three cultures from the lands of 1001 Nights: Afghanistan, Morocco, and Turkey
- ~ Design tribal adornment for you to take home
- ~ Relish in sacred storytelling and share gifts of wisdom
- ~ Be fed on many levels through laughter, music, and dance
- ~ Let go of life’s stresses and enjoy a nourishing night of soulful restoration
- ~ Welcome autumn through a blissful blessing ritual under the stars
Registration fee includes:
- ~ Three yummy, healthy meals (lunch, dinner, breakfast
- ~ Overnight accommodations
- ~ Instruction in songs and dances from Afghanistan, Turkey, and Morocco
- ~ Sacred storytelling
- ~ Frame drum lesson
- ~ Tribal craft instruction and materials
- ~ Fireside blessing ritual and other activities
- BONUS: A keepsake booklet for you to take home that includes the stories and songs you learned
- BONUS: An audio recording of music lessons and stories
Special deal: The first 3 registrants also get a FREE PRIVATE SESSION with Hannah, to be scheduled prior to or after the retreat!
Questions? Contact Hannah
Here are some images from our fall retreat 2017: